Ozonation of Water with the Aqua-8 Ozone Generator
Many of our customers use the Aqua-8 Ozone Generator to create their drinking water. The Aqua-8 Ozone Generator is an ozonator for water treatment. It has the ability to treat anywhere from a glass to a gallon of water! Use the ozonator for small storage tanks, for example. Ozonated water is safe to drink because the ozone reverts back to oxygen. After about 30 minutes, it dissipates from the water. If your water is hot, it will dissipate faster.
The Aqua-8 Ozone Generator will remove undesirable tastes and odors in the water. According to the Journal of International Ozone Association, ozone oxidizes iron and manganese.
To treat water, use the white or gray diffuser stone that comes with the Aqua-8 Ozone Generator. Place no more than 4" deep in a glass or stainless steel container. Select a program function that will work with your application. For instance, if you are ozonating a glass of water, use one of the one-time functions. Set the unit on a counter so the tubing is above the glass so that water does not enter back into the machine. Take precautions and your machine will last longer.
Some accessories to make your ozonation process easier
- Try using the Air Filter for Aqua-8. An air filter will cut down on pollutants entering your machine, improving longetivity of your ozone generator.
- Use the Ozone Faucet Aerator. You can get ozone directly infused into your water directly from your faucet. Also saves water and electricity.
- Note, the Glass Ozone Bubbler can give you a precise ozonization.
- Get an Oxygen Generator for a more pure form of ozone production.
- Use a Check Valve to protect your ozone generator from water backup.
Steps to ozonating your water:
- Start out with clean, filtered water
- Use a large glass and ozonate
- Attach the tubing (included) to the Ozone Out port
- Attach the stone (included) to the other end of the tubing
- Keep in mind, ozone has a half-life of 30 minutes, so the ozone will dissipate from the water.
Unboxing of the Aqua-8 Ozone Generator
What does drinking ozonated water do for me?
Ozone is O3 and oxygen is O2. The unstable ozone molecule from ozone breaks down. The extra oxygen atom attaches itself to contaminants in the water.
When to drink the ozonated water?
First, get approval from a practitioner or a doctor schooled in ozone therapy before drinking the ozonated water right after ozonation. If you decide to wait 30 minutes, the ozone in your water will revert back to oxygen.
Where to buy ozonated water? Many water bottling plants are using ozone as part of their processes now. Check the labels on the bottle. But, why not own your own ozonator? Filter your water first, and then use your tap or well water.
Buy an Aqua-8 Ozone Generator for your ozonated water needs.
David A. Reckhow, William R. Knocke, Maureen J. Kearney & Cynthia A. Parks (1991) Oxidation Of Iron And Manganese By Ozone, Ozone: Science & Engineering, 13:6, 675-695, DOI: 10.1080/01919512.1991.10555708
W. Schneider & H. H. Rump (1983) Use of Ozone in the Technology of Bottled Water, Ozone: Science & Engineering, 5:2, 95-101, DOI: 10.1080/01919518308550973
Where in SA can i buy the Aqua-8 Generator from…
Would you be able to do a video using the MP3000 and how to ozonate water?