If the diffuser stone is placed more than 4 inches deep into the water, the air compressor pressure and water pressure will equalize. If this happens, it will damage the internal tubes.
NOTE: Never place the diffuser stone more than 4 inches deep in water.
When the unit is working but does not produce ozone, you may need to unplug the unit and open the back case to check for damage to these two internal tubes.
To replace the unit's internal tubes:
- Please unplug the unit before beginning.
- Open the 6 screws on the back of the Aqua-6.
- Four of the screws are located under soft pads.
- The additional two are located in the center.
- Check inside the unit for damage to the tubes.
- If the tubes are cracked, ruptured or have become hardened, they will need to be replaced.
NOTE: When replacing the internal tubes, do not remove any electrical wire ties. Any loose wires inside the unit will cause damage to the unit or will cause an electrical short.
To purchase an Aqua-6, click here.