The MP-1000, MP-3000, MP-5000, MP-8000 and A7K all use the same back rocker switch.
Follow these steps:
- Begin by removing the two screws on the back of the unit that hold the rocker switch in place
- Store the removed screws in a container or another easily reached place to ensure the screws aren’t lost in the replacement place
- At this point, it should be possible to replace the switch, however some units may come with tighter wires
- If your unit has tighter wires, it will be necessary to remove the shell and replace the switch from the inside
- The unit will have screws around the unit used to hold the shell in place
- Remove these screws and store them in a safe place
- Next, remove the unit’s shell
- This will expose the internal components of the unit
- On the back of the wire connector there will be green, white and neutral wires
- We recommend taking a picture at this point that can be used for reference later
- Remove the bad rocker switch from the unit
- Align the new rocker switch with the cutouts on the back of the unit
- Connect the green wire
- Next, connect the white wire
- Finally, connect the neutral wire
- Put the outer shell back onto the unit
- Replace the screws to the shell
- The order of the screws does not matter, however make sure the screw lines up with the corresponding hole
- Replace the two screws to the back rocker switch unit
- Plug the power cord back into the unit to test that the replacement has been successful
View MP Series Ozone Generators here.
Learn more about the A7K here.Purchase a replacement back rocker switch here.