The shelf life of fruits and vegetables can be extended by ozone treatment. Not only will they keep a more attractive appearance, but they will also taste fresh. A recent study revealed produce that has been in contact with ozone can be protected from various diseases for up two weeks, even after it is removed from the gas.
The Aqua-8 is an 800 mg/ozone per hour machine that is perfect for the treatments of fruits and vegetables. The Aqua-8 comes out of the box programmed with an 18-setting functional timer that makes produce treatment a breeze. Additionally, the unit's compact size allows for easy portability.
To help keep your produce fresh, follow these steps:
- Fill your sink or a large bowl with water
- Average sized sinks should be half-full
- Place the Aqua-8 dispersion stone 2 to 4 inches deep in the sink
- Place the vegetables and/or fruit to be treated in the water
- Operate the Aqua-8 on Function #5 for 10 minutes
- Remove the produce from the ozonated water and enjoy!
Ozone leaves no harmful chemical residue behind. Although ozone is a powerful disinfectant that is able to kill bacteria and viruses, the only residual chemical of ozone is oxygen. As a result, ozone sanitation is more effective and organic than chemical processing.
Check out this post to learn how ozone extends the shelf life of fruits and vegetables.
Follow this guide to brew a fresh cup of coffee with ozonated water.
To learn more about the Aqua-8, click here.