Do you want to remove pet odor from your home without removing your furry friend? A2Z Ozone has the solution for you. We love our pets. We let our animals cuddle on the couch or even snuggle up in bed with us. Over time, many pet owners may not realize the lingering animal odor in their home.
Ozone is great choice for odor removal applications because it oxidizes and neutralizes the particles that create bad smells. Once they are naturalized, the smells are gone for good!
To eradicate these smells, we recommend the A7K, the premiere model in the Air Series. This unit is the highest quality odor remover on the market. The A7K features dual plate activation which means users have the option of activating only one plate for 3500 mg/ozone per hour or both plates, activating 7000 mg/ozone per hour.
Due to the high concentration of ozone release, the A7K must run in an unoccupied space, meaning no humans, animals or plants in the room while the unit is running.
It can be used to treat a single piece of furniture or an entire home. If you’re planning to host a gathering or in the mood to do some cleaning, follow these easy steps to eradicate pet odors that you might have become nose blind to.
Removing Odor From Furniture
To treat a single piece of furniture, for example a couch, follow these steps:
- To start, you will need an ozone generator and a tarp
- Once you have decided which item to ozonate first you will need to take the tarp and drape it over the item
- Lay something to help hold down the tarp on the sides which will help hold in the ozone
- Then, take the ozone generator and place the exhaust side under the tarp making sure the air vents aren’t covered and are able to pull fresh air in
- You will then need to turn on your unit with both plates running, with the fan on high, and with a 30-minute run cycle
- Exit the house at this point or have this set up in a garage
- Once the cycle is complete, wait 30 minutes to 1 hour for the ozone to dissipate, then you can enter the area and decide if another treatment is needed
If you are trying to ozonate a smaller object you would need to get a plastic tote and cut a hole for the exhaust of the unit to fit in and another for excess gas to escape. Then run the unit for 30 minutes or less with the fan on a high setting.
Removing Odor From Homes
To treat the entire home through your air conditioning system, follow these steps:
- Once you have treated each room individually, you can treat the whole house using the AC method
- To begin this method, determine where the air return vent is on your heating and cooling system. Remove the filter and turn the AC fan ON
- Place your unit in front of or near the return vent and be sure the heating and cooling system’s fan is to the always on position
- You will then need to turn on your unit for the 4-hour cycle and immediately exit the building
- It will be safe to return to the building at a minimum of 4.5 hours later, but we recommend returning 5 hours later or longer
- Keep in mind, the half-life of ozone is 30 minutes
- If the smell of ozone is still strong after this amount of time has passed, open windows to air out the building
To limit future odors, use ozonated water to bathe and disinfect pets, remove fur odors, prevent growth of skin bacteria, and reduce flea breeding.
Please Note: Be sure to only use your ozone generator in an unoccupied area. Our units produce high amounts of ozone. It is not safe to run the unit in an occupied area for more than 1 minutes. Be sure to remove any valuable items, pets and/or plants before you use the ozone generator. Do not breathe in ozone directly.