Closets can cling on to unpleasant odors over time. Ozone is an effective closet odor eliminator that will keep the smells away for good. Follow these steps to deodorize closets or other small rooms:
- To treat closet odors, an ozone generator with air capabilities is needed.
- This could be a Multi-Purpose Series unit or an Air Series unit.
- Before turning the unit on, remove all valuables, plants, and/or pets from the room so they do not come into direct contact with ozone.
- Second, determine the severity of the smell, which will dictate the amount of time needed for cleaning.
- For most closets and small rooms, we typically recommend a 30 minute to 1 hour treatment time.
- Next, place the unit into the closet and turn the unit on full power while selecting the appropriate time setting on the unit.
- Be sure to leave the room immediately after the unit begins producing ozone.
- Once the cycle is complete, wait 30 minutes to 1 hour for the ozone to dissipate, then enter the area and decide if another treatment is needed.