It’s happened to us all. We’re busy, and laundry is never-ending. If you’ve accidentally left wet clothing in the wash, it will leave a very distinct, strong odor. Even if you rewash this clothing, the smell will always linger. Don't smell sour. Get rid of the odor permanently and get your favorite clothes back with an ozone generator.
It is ideal to prepare your clothing in a way that the most surface area comes into contact with the ozone. Put clothes in a hanging bag. Or tote will work.
If you choose to use a bag:
- Place clothing on a hanger and place the bag over the hung-up clothes
- Tuck the bag around the ozone out on the generator in order to keep the ozone in. Leave the oxygen in port uncovered.
- Run the ozone generator for 30 minutes or less with the unit’s fan on
If you choose to use a tote:
- Get a plastic tote and cut a hole for the exhaust of the unit to fit in
- Cut another hole (on an opposite side) for excess gas to escape
- Place your tote in an unoccupied space
- Place your clothing inside the tote and close the lid
- Align your ozone generator's exhaust with the hole you've cut and turn it on
- Then run the unit for 30 minutes or less with the unit's fan on
After either of these methods, let your clothing air out (with the generator off) for about 30 minutes. Then, smell the clothing and re-treat if necessary.
When operating an ozone generator, please remember to remove people, pets, and plants from the area. Be sure to leave the area being treated immediately and only return once the ozone has dissipated. Under most conditions, the treated area should be safe to return to 30 minutes to 1 hour after the unit stops producing ozone. Treated spaces or buildings should be well-ventilated prior to re-entry.
In case of accidental leakage of ozone, keep the ozone generator in a
well- ventilated area.
Ozone generators emit ozone. Do not inhale ozone.
Ozone generators generate high voltage.
Our ozone generators are designed and distributed by A2Z Ozone, Inc. in Louisville, Kentucky USA.
EPA Est.: 95432-KY-1.