Sofas are at the cornerstone of every living room. They’re where we sit, play, eat and spend most of our time. Upholstered furniture like armchairs and couches are subjected to stinky socks, wet towels, pets and everything in between. We use them so heavily, but they’re hard to clean and even harder to rid of the smells that plague them. This post will help you care for these important pieces of your family life.
Of course, you can use perfumed aerosols. However, these generally just cover up the smell and don’t really attack the source of the problem like ozone does. (Visit some of our about pages to find out how)
Ozone generators are one of the most powerful tools at our disposal to free us of these stubborn odors.
- You may choose to ozonate an entire room to really get at the smell, but if you would like to save time by attacking odor in the fibers of just the furniture, we recommend using a tarp to tent the furniture you are treating.
- Once you have decided which item to ozonate first you will need to take the tarp and drape it over the item (ex: couch, chair).
- Lay something to help hold down the tarp on the sides which will help hold in the ozone.
- Then, take the ozone generator and place the exhaust side under the tarp making sure the air vents aren’t covered and are able to pull fresh air in.
- You will then need to turn on your unit with both plates running, with the fan on, and with a 30-minute run cycle.
- Exit the room/home at this point or have this set up in a garage. Also remember to remove any plants or pets from the area, as well.
- Once the cycle is complete, wait 30 minutes to 1 hour for the ozone to dissipate, then you can enter the area and decide if another treatment is needed.
Note: If you are trying to ozonate a smaller object (like pillows) you would need to get a plastic tote and cut a hole for the exhaust of the unit to fit in and another for excess gas to escape. Then run the unit for 30 minutes or less with the fan on a high setting.
When operating an ozone generator, please remember to remove people, pets, and plants from the area. Be sure to leave the area being treated immediately and only return once the ozone has dissipated. Under most conditions, the treated area should be safe to return to 30 minutes to 1 hour after the unit stops producing ozone. Treated spaces or buildings should be well-ventilated prior to re-entry.
In case of accidental leakage of ozone, keep the ozone generator in a
well- ventilated area.
Ozone generators emit ozone. Do not inhale ozone.
Ozone generators generate high voltage.
Our ozone generators are designed and distributed by A2Z Ozone, Inc. in Louisville, Kentucky USA. EPA Est.: 95432-KY-1. Produced and made in China.