Do you use Facebook Marketplace, Letgo, Craigslist, or any other site like them? A lot of people do! This innovative way to buy and sell items is a big part of life for some people. As awesome as services like these are, there are some things you must think about as a buyer or a seller.
Our blog post from last week gave easy-to follow instructions for getting rid of odors in our much-loved furniture. Having something like an ozone generator makes sanitizing second-hand furniture easy.
As a buyer, you never know what odors and smells will come with your new recliner. A lot of sellers have started to include if the items come from a smoke-free or pet-free home. This is good information to have before buying items for your home. Unfortunately, like a recent viral image suggests, we can never be sure. Having the means to remove all odors from second-hand items means buying with confidence and not limiting yourself to items labeled odorless. With an ozone generator, buying the perfect new loveseat gets easier.
On the other hand, sellers want to give the best possible product to potential buyers. Of course, the visual aspect of the item you’re trying to sell is a major factor, but you can’t discount the amount of weight the smell-factor holds. If your item is odorless and sanitized, your product has a much greater appeal.
Smell is an important aspect of our living space. Don’t get caught with the perfect furniture piece that smells a little musky. Freshen everything you purchase (or sell) for your home!
- Once you have decided which item to ozonate first you will need to take a tarp and drape it over the item (ex: couch, chair).
- Lay something to help hold down the tarp on the sides which will help hold in the ozone.
- Then, take the ozone generator and place the exhaust side under the tarp making sure the air vents aren’t covered and are able to pull fresh air in.
- You will then need to turn on your unit with both plates running, with the fan on, and with a 30-minute run cycle.
- Exit the room/home at this point or have this set up in a garage. Also remember to remove any plants or pets from the area, as well.
- Once the cycle is complete, wait 30 minutes to 1 hour for the ozone to dissipate, then you can enter the area and decide if another treatment is needed.
Note: If you are trying to ozonate a smaller object (like pillows) you would need to get a plastic tote and cut a hole for the exhaust of the unit to fit in and another for excess gas to escape. Then run the unit for 30 minutes or less with the fan on a high setting.
When operating an ozone generator, please remember to remove people, pets, and plants from the area. Be sure to leave the area being treated immediately and only return once the ozone has dissipated. Under most conditions, the treated area should be safe to return to 30 minutes to 1 hour after the unit stops producing ozone. Treated spaces or buildings should be well-ventilated prior to re-entry.
well- ventilated area.
Ozone generators emit ozone. Do not inhale ozone.
Ozone generators generate high voltage.
Our ozone generators are designed and distributed by A2Z Ozone, Inc. in Louisville, Kentucky USA. EPA Est.: 95432-KY-1. Produced and made in China.